Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Friday, November 11, 2011

313. What Do I Think About PSU Scandal?

Penn State has been implicated in one of the most tragic sex scandals I can think of. Jerry Sandusky, a name common around every Penn Stater dinner table re his development of linebackers at Penn State, FINALLY got caught with his pants down literally! What a sleaze bag. I know everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but after reading the actual Grand Jury report re to his case involving 8 young male victims, I am disgusted! To read that he was first investigated in 1998 and NOT prosecuted was even more disturbing, only to then have the District Attorney DISAPPEAR and later assumed and declared dead.

I feel for those who reported the 2002 incident, see this time line article, who maybe THOUGHT the University wouod follow the legal reporting of the incident; namely, McQueary and Paterno. They appear to have followed the University rules and reported the incident to the Athletic Director and V.P. of Finance. It was the latter two who were obligated to report the incident to The University Police and Child Abuse agency (whatever it's called in PA). They did NOT. Thus, the pervert Sandusky victimized other boys.

So, what do I think of the Board of Trustees decision to can both the President, who was also informed AND coach Paterno who's record with Penn State has all been spectacular as a coach and individual? It took only the reading of the Grand Jury report to conclude that the Board made the right decision. I do NOT agree with the way they implemented though. If I had a say, I would have informed Joe Pa first and would have asked him to submit an immediate resignation; he had previously submitted one for the end of the season. I, however, agree that the image of the University had to be the number one consideration; keeping Joe on would have caused continuous negative media hounding that the University could not risk. Sorry Joe. You said it yourself you should have done more. Yes, you should have. I know if I had that position, I certainly wouldn't risk my job across another 3 years by ignoring such a critical abuse. I would have insisted that the University report the incident as required BY LAW! Joe, you made a grave, grave mistake; instead of a hero you became a fool. Sorry. I love you Joe. No one did more and gave a University so much heart than you. But, you have to face the piper when you screw up.

I'll definitely be following this case, not daily for the media is always 99% wrong or ignorrant of the real facts, but to see who else gets implicated. I sincerely believe this might go beyond the university.

I am proud of the Penn State students. Yes, a few rioted over the Joe Pa decision, but a couple of hundred ill-informed students without the details and only angry is a minute percent of the student body. As an alumnus I will be proud to see the "blue out" this Saturday at the Nebraska game in the name of calling attention to abuse. Shorts are on sale for $9.99 where ALL proceeds go to an abuse charity. Penn State Proud. The student body will pull us out of this respectfully. Go State.

No comments:

Post a Comment