Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Saturday, March 13, 2010

248. A Better Way to Dumb Down our Kids?

Continuing to throw out as much diversion (from anti Obama-Care) as possible and focusing on image improvement, President O chalks more categories of interest on his blackboard for you and I to concentrate on. Here is his new fire: Education, specifically, REWRITE Child Left Behind. Again, without any specifics, O utilizes his rhetoric and, what else can I call it these days but trickery, to convince the people of the "pains" in his heart and desires to make it ALL right (or Left?). Will his plans for education dumb our children down even more? And at what cost (oh come on now, its just Monopoly money).

What do I think? Heck, I'm just a dog who learned from my master. I was taught what I wanted to learn and I was given unbelievable time and attention, not to forget, challenges. I didn't learn what I know from the dog parks where distractions abound and only "come here" and sometimes "stay" and "fetch" are taught and practiced. No, I learned to fade left or right, in and out, sit, and stay from hand signals. I learned to fetch objects without seeing where they were thrown. I learned to pick live animals up in my mouth without hurting them rather than sinking in my canines and drawing blood. I wasn't dumbed down! So, who benefited most? Me , my master, or everybody around me? Yes, yes, yes to all of these. More than you can say about our human children who go to public schools. Right?

Will we see a revolutionary change where our cream-of-the-crop scholars will get the opportunity to excel and land premier jobs in research and technology, teaching, management, and entrepreneurship? Will those who want a blue-collar job get the education to allow them to design and build better houses (even green ones), better highways and bridges, etc.? Or will we continue to educate everyone to at a minimum flip burgers only?

By this time I suppose you see how I feel. "Child Left Behind" just doesn't ring my bells for a better America. Children wouldn't be left behind if jobs were available to the parents and the cost-of-living was affordable to even the poorest. If every parent could get some of the misery out of their lives, they would have more time and money available for their children; hence, less time unsupervised, more things available to them to keep them off the streets and out of trouble. I truly believe the HOME is the key in keeping kids in school until they graduate and not just more undirected or misdirected money for schools and teachers. States and municipalities need to step up and make some "easy" hard decisions. A good example was a school district in Kansas City that recognized that their student base declined from 75,000 students to less than 11,000 today in the last 10-15 years due to suburbia living. Why spend the money on x-number of schools when they only need y-number of schools? Why shouldn't they take only the cream-of-the-crop teachers to teach more of the students? Wow -- a solution that actually SAVES money rather than taking more taxpayer money. Wouldn't this lower school taxes? Wouldn't this leave more money in the parent's pockets? Wouldn't the parents be able to better provide for their children? Wouldn't the children better appreciate the parents? Wouldn't the children be less distracted by the low-lives and vices on the streets? Was a Federal government organization (people and expenses) and taxpayer money needed for this solution? Then, why do we continue to throw money from helicopters? Isn't this how the Federal government handles fraud in Medicare? That is, instead of stopping the fraud and recapturing the money we just keep throwing more money into the hole.

Unless I see something revolutionary from the O that CUTS costs in education AND benefits both the cream-of-the-crops students and helps both the disadvantaged students AND their parents, I will again have to jump all over O and call his latest scheme just another hoax, a trick to make him look appealing. Please O, do SOMETHING right (sorry for the pun -- not left). Maybe name your program "Child RIGHT to Graduation" rather than "Child LEFT behind".

No comments:

Post a Comment