Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Friday, September 4, 2020

983. Fidelity: Reassign Lots AND Response is TERRIBLE

How many times have I wanted to Reassign (couldn't remember name of this action) Lots sold before the stock settlement date expired? Thus, I am documenting how since it isn't obvious when it should be.

Go to WEBSITE, NOT Active Trader Pro (which I use almost exclusively). Now go to Closed Positions. At one time the reassignment of lots was on the bottom of the page (coudn't see it then either). Now, on the closed positions screen, select the appropriate account, then select from drop down screen for that account "Reassign Lots". Simple after that. Select the lot for the closed positioned stock and change which one sold.

---------------
Fidelity customer service has degrade astronomically since their automated phone syste was installed about 2 years ago. Before that system I could get someone (a real person) in less than 5 minutes max, usually instantaneously. Now I wait over 20 minutes minimum! The service is always excellent once I get a person. But, the phone system keeps nagging for more details to get to someone and then transfers you to the wrong contact only to get retransferred to someone who can handle the situation! I am at the point where this service, which was the reason I picked Fidelity and stayed with Fidelity, had led to me looking for another broker. I am astonished that for over 2 years I have filed complaints about the phone system and response time and NOTHING is being done other than to make it still more worse! Do NOT go with Fidelity if you are  person that requires customer support OFTEN. I use it only when absolutely necessary, which is quite infrequently, and it still irks me. Compare it to the technical support you get today where each person needs to ask you to start from the beginning and when transferred to real tech person, your call starts anew again and gets dropped only to have to call again. The comparison is only to let you know the degree of frustration. Again, Fidelity people are superb once you get the right one on the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment