Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

866. "The Silent War" by Andreas Norman – 1 Star


The Silent War by Andreas Norman – 1 Stars

Publisher: Quercus (US)
ISBN: 9781635060881

Wish I could say something positive about this book, but I’m at a loss for words. Since it was touted as a spy book I envisioned intrigue, clever maneuvers, thrilling encounters, and unexpected events. No, no, no and no. Instead it dwelled relentlessly on personal lives that in the most part never contributed to the story’s progression. I could ignore the formatting on my Kindle with no chapters, no separations between unlike events, and the combining of words that should be cleaned up in the final version. However, the inordinate number of staccato, punchy sentences that began with “The”, as if an outline, and the endless use of pronouns that turned out to be someone other than would naturally be assumed was extremely annoying.

The story itself is described in the book’s blurb and is the most interesting thing I read. The actual content included cheap sex dialogue and continuous family problems with secretive cheating and child issues that leant little and distracted from the book being a spy novel.  Enough is enough. And, this is how I struggled through it – stopping and picking it up later hoping it would improve.

I never thought I’d issue a “Not Recommend” to anything I reviewed. The characters Bente Jensen and Jonathon Green should have stayed under the sheets. Sorry.

Reviewer: Rich




No comments:

Post a Comment