Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Thursday, March 28, 2019

862. "Shamed" by Linda Castillo – 5 Stars


Shamed by Linda Castillo – 5 Stars
Publisher: Minotaur Books
ISBN: 9781250142863

I have read all of the books in the Kate Burkholder series. They have all been entertaining, but this is one of my favorites. The suspense in this well crafted murder kidnapping mystery begins in the first chapter and continues as the hours are counted in the search for a missing Amish girl.

Though Kate, the sheriff of Painters Mill, left the Amish life, she has respect for those in the community. The Amish society is at the core of the story and their beliefs are treated with dignity and respect. Although sometimes dark, strange and misguided by the standards of today’s society, their choices follow their religious teachings and culture. I grew up near Lancaster, PA and had limited contact with the Amish. I am fascinated to learn about these people who lived near but by choice, removed from those outside their community.

I absolutely enjoyed this book. “Couldn’t put it down” is a much used phrase, but for me it was true. It has a complex plot with a sheriff who doesn’t stop until she learns the truth. I am grateful for the opportunity to preview Shamed and look forward to reading more books in this series.

 

Reviewer: Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment