Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Thursday, August 17, 2017

780. Logitech Mouse does its own thing

Here's a weird problem: You perform actions with mouse, i.e., move the pointer to some hypertext and your system erratically performs as if the mouse does a left-click on its owns. For example, I have a dictionary on my system and to look up a word I simply double-click the left mouse. Well, I started to see definitions appear without doing so! Another example, I do a click on something, like a file, and it acts as though I double-click. Now the worse scenario so far was I ordered something, thankfully not anything of value (only a free book from Kelloggs rewards which should have taken one of my 2 credits) and it double-clicked and ordered the same book twice. You never see it happen its so fast. 

Anyway, my first inclination was to power off, reset the mouse. I chose right. I removed the battery from the mouse and after 1 minute reinstalled it. It cleared up everything. Gotta love guessing right. I may have achieved the same result by disabling mouse and restarting. But, removing a battery was so much easier. It seemed like a hardware error, but most likely the power off/on sequence reinitialized it.

No comments:

Post a Comment